Take Five

Man, I have a theory about blogging. Put a picture of food that people like, you can reel them in. Here is why. My posting on the Whopper the other day garnered the most "bites" ever of any blog I have ever cooked up. And, I have been at the blogging grill for over three years. Still at it. So, today is really not about the candy bar from Hershey per se, but it is about the idea of taking 5 minutes. Shameless bait and switch. Not sure a clock would have the same shelf appeal.

I awake on most day during the week at 5:00. Surprisingly, I usually even wake up earlier on the weekends. I just can't wait to do stuff...like write entries for my three blogs (Bierkergaard, College Transition Group, and my most popular blog, 40 Breweries/40 Days). I've found people love beer a lot more than theological reflection--and at least on the surface it is all about beer. Drink through the froth though, and there is some depth in the blog's mug--because like all of life--things are much more complex than they appear.

Anyway, sorry about the detour, Take 5 is actually what I do at 5:55 A.M. each morning. After eating, reading a Devotional, and praying, I head to the couch in the Great Room, and give myself five minutes to let God fill the empty space. It is as if eternity comes into my soul and I let God impress upon my spirit whatever He wants. How often do our agendas actually create barriers to God's whispering wind? We have to stop and get quiet to hear. I know that God thundered on Mt. Sinai yet He also speaks with a still small voice. He is infinitely able to manifest Himself.

I love that five minutes a day. I commend for you to Take 5.

Comments

M.joshua said…
Ken Mueller once wrote that blogs with food get the best response. I'm pretty sure he's right. I just don't like writing about food! ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream