The Adams Family

Sorry if you were looking for the Addams Family...Uncle Fester and The Hand, et. al. Two D's there.

Watched the inspiring first DVD of the HBO mini-series the other night through our supplier Netflix, indirectly sticking it to Comcast. Yet like Darth Vader, I fear the Empire Striking Back. I know Comcast particularly enjoys when we download movies from Netflix through our Comcast Broadband connection. We are Basic baby Basic on Comcast...as low as we can go. Comcast is probably going to start blowing up mailboxes.

Before watching the John Adams DVD, I actually watched the NCAA Temple play-off game on my iPhone for free through the NCAA App. Otherwise, I would have been forced to pay for TNT or go out somewhere to watch it and drink bad beer and eat gross and greasy food. I am not sure how the NCAA got away with that. I was forced to watch the same commercials like forty times and wear my reading glasses. A small sacrifice indeed.

Speaking of real sacrifice, this is a poignant story of the sacrifices of George Washington. Make sure to read until you get to these lines at the end of the speech.

"Gentlemen," said Washington, "you will permit me to put on my spectacles, for I have not only grown gray but almost blind in the service of my country."

I am not sure how we can escape the hegemony of Comcast like King George. The cable system is practically Feudal and it is something that runs counter to Freedom of Press. When we have to pay outrageous fees like vassals to the dark overlords for our information, something has to give to open up the floodgates.

Don't Tread on Me....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream