Rain on the Brain

Oh yes, I have rain on the brain, rain in the drain. Dr. Seuss could go on but I am out of lines. That is why he was Dr. Seuss and I'm not.

I think the themes of the bierkergaard blog for the foreseeable future are going to be water-logged and logs about water.

Catching up on reading a couple of missed days of "365 Days with Calvin" devotional this morning. School was cancelled because of the flooding, so I have some time. If I miss a few days reading the daily entries, which I really should not do, I at least try to go a back and read what I missed. For God could speak through a devotional that I skipped.

On September 5, Calvin writes, "Children ought to be like their Father....Christ declares that unless we show kindness to the unworthy, we cannot be children of our Heavenly Father." Calvin is caricatured as being a stern man, unloving and unkind. Bent on preaching predestination and damnation. Yet, in reading his writings, truly he writes from the Scriptures and his thoughts are often tender, merciful, and entirely biblical. He is not one to theologically assume anything besides what the Word reveals. If he is hard, it is because hardness, like an anvil, was required--to shatter error, false preaching and doctrine.

Matthew 5:44 & 45

But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream