Banquet in Air

According to Jonah Lehrer in his book "PROUST Was a Neuroscientist" 90% of taste is actually smell. And don't I know it!

For I was napping when Lina came home tonight and since I was racking like a baby out cold, she went downstairs to work-out and then make dinner for both us this evening and tomorrow night for her Girls Book Club. Us men, we just drink beer. No book or food needed to convene. And, cigars of course.

I awoke from my slumber to smell a lovely aroma in the air. Spicy dumplings in the far dish, spicy tofu in the closest bowl. Let me tell you, these dishes rocked the house. By filling the house flirtingly with the smells, my stomach soon followed.

I often have a hard time getting out of bed post-nap but tonight I staggered to life like a Mummy from the Crypt. And a hungry one at that.

I love that my very corporate and modern wife loves to cook and is great at it. Truth be told, she is pretty much great at whatever she puts her time to. It is more of a question of time rather than any other factor (talent, diligence, etc) that dictates what she does. This makes me a blessed man.

Proverbs 31:12

She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream