As It Was In The Days of Noah

Two Bison were lost at Hershey Park's Zoo America due to high waters. With the "two by two" species idea and the flooding, it is not hard to draw parallels to Noah.

When I arrived back from work on Wednesday through the harsh rains, I put on Facebook that I was in need of some pitch and gopherwood because I was fixing to build an Ark.

About an hour later, a friend on Facebook commented that he was already tired of Noah jokes. I wondered if my mine was before he had made that assessment, was causative of that condition, or after. The worst of course being "after"--that my Noah joke had missed getting on the boat--my comment drowned in a Deluge of disenchantment, for several others flooded his post with similar of "tired of Ark jokes" comments. I knew when I posted my comment that I was taking a chance of being trite.

I thought the pitch and gopherwood wording from the King James was sufficiently arcane to be amusing and would tow the rest of the joke into the dry land of Mt. Ararat wittiness. Perhaps I miscalculated. I considered deleting my comment but then decided to let it stand. Ah, the stresses of Social Media and one's cool standing. Judgment by ones peers.

The floods really have been no joking matter...the devastation is massive and widespread. I was kind of wondering when Pennsylvania's turn would come. We have been watching for years natural disasters happen elsewhere. Now our number came up. I thought God just loved us more.

In the posts to follow I will try and wade through what the Bible teachers about God's hand in natural disasters (and even man-made disasters like 9-11) and see if there is a connection between physical phenomenon and spiritual judgement. Not an easy topic and one where it is too easy to be simplistic, stern, and stupid.

Or, I might just drop the whole thing and move onto something else. One never knows here on bierkergaard where "theology collides with real life."

Matthew 24:37

As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream