Moving On

Helped a friend and his family move on Saturday. The acid test of true friendship: Helping someone move. Good news! I didn't bust my back up. Me and another dude made it our mission to lug the heavy stuff. I had decided to not work out later last week in order to save my strength.

As I have gotten older, exertion allocation requires planning. When young, I just did stuff and bounced back. Now, me don't bounce. Between the Hersheypark rides on Thursday and moving on Saturday, I felt just kind of depleted. Nothing specifically was ailing, but the whole bodily system was in restore mode.

There is always one piece of furniture that gets hauled along that would have been better to drop in a dumpster. It also seems that the least used 10% of the possessions should be jettisoned. All that happens is that it goes from one storage location to the next. It felt good to help out...there is something intrinsically rewarding about serving others. Anything that cultivates a sense of "love thy neighbor" reinforces the bonds of heaven and earth.

Truly, we don't know how much we have until we try to move it. The picture is what Gandhi owned at the time of his death. Now that is one move that would have been a breeze!

Luke 12:15

A man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream