Sun of Love

Today, it is a balmy 69 degrees in Pennsylvania. Not sure if the groundhog seeing its shadow had anything to do with it. If so, it would be the first good consequence I have had concerning a groundhog ever.

Oh, how they destroy wantonly and eradicate the garden of my dreams. That, and my neighbor who sprays pesticides all over his backyard adjacent to my garden.

The balmy weather has me thinking about the sun. There is an analogy between the sun's rays and love. The sun shines and warms all that it sets its gaze upon. A beautiful child or a pile of manure. The sun does not allocate its rays any differently depending on the object.

God has been working on my heart recently to love more like the sun. Let it shine. Here has been an interesting aspect of this. God is calling me to love all, even those in my past who have hurt me...kind of loving my enemies retro. Love is not just present tense.

I suppose forgiveness is just love looking back. I made a list of people who I have harbored animosity towards, not just in my present, but also those in the past who malevolently messed with me. I prayed that God would grant me the grace to love them, many of whom I will never see again. The dark clouds of animosity and the bitter winds of unforgiveness create an atmosphere I have to live in as a human being. My decision to love brings out the sun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream