iPanic

Today, I should have been praying at 5:45 A.M.. Instead, during prayer time, I was messing around with my iPhone Settings and saw an option called Zoom. I thought to myself, "Heck, I can't read my iPhone because my near vision is so bad." Zoom sounded like a grand idea as an antidote. So, I turned on the Zoom setting without literally reading the fine print. Like how to deactivate Zoom or move the screen from one focus of the Zoom to another.

I had a dream the other night where I didn't have my reading glasses and I was at New York City's Coney Island alone, and I could not see my iPhone numbers or letters, then my iPhone ran out of juice. I woke up in a cold sweat.

So, this was probably the psychic pain that motivated me to do that fateful swipe turning the Zoom option on. The problem was that I didn't know how to turn it off and couldn't get to the Settings because my zoom didn't have it as part of the screen. Awesome, I am staring at a really enlarged icon of the Weather. Brilliant!

I had to go to the web and found the solution. I figured I couldn't be the only moron out there who had activated the Zoom function without first reading how to return the screen to normal. Tapping three fingers on the screen, I was back in the land of normal-size.

What do we do instead of Prayer? Prayer is considered a critical weapon in the Christian's arsenal. It stands to reason that we should be praying a lot more and doing a lot less of whatever keeps us from prayer. Martin Luther wrote, "Prayer is a strong wall and fortress of the church; it is a goodly Christian weapon."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream