All the Leaves have Left

So, I was reading on the web that rather than raking the leaves and bagging them, better to chew 'em up in the lawn mower and blow them onto the dirt in the yard as a mulch. Made sense to me...and less work.

What happened though is that the leaf fragments all were cast away to the four corners of the earth. Like messages in bottles, they are blowing ashore elsewhere.

Forensically-speaking, my neighbors will have a difficult time identifying the yard of origin due to the jigsaw puzzle-like leaf particles all in the hood. I feel kind of bad...as if I just subcontracted my leaf collection to others. Plus, we are not the only ones with Birch trees around.

The other night I happened to be reading Job. Occasionally, I man up and gird my loins for Job. There was a verse where Job compares himself to a leaf.

Job 13:25

Wilt thou break a leaf driven to and fro?

I find his tragedy comforting in that Job withstands the satanic fragmenting and scattering. The book ends with the verse, "And Job died, old and full of days." The Devil, the old to and froer himself, defeated.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream