Tall Tale on a City Street




Romans 8:28

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them.

Walking through Lancaster City last evening, a woman asked me how tall I was--and whether I played basketball. She was parked in her car with her mom in the front seat. 6' 8", I replied. What ensued was a very interesting conversation where one thing lead to another. Used to be I'd get a bad attitude when someone asked me about my height and basketball. A career-ending knee injury made me salty and surly. Plus, the sheer repetition of the questions. Now, having left basketball behind, and God using that to teach me lessons I needed to learn,  I walk through that open door to get to know people. Questions about height and basketball welcome. Where can you connect with others?

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream