iLost


John 6:68

Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

The other night, I headed out to Mechanicsburg with a friend to get the best Thai in Central Pa. He likes Thai and had not been to the Bangkok Wok. We headed out with the GPS on my iPhone. Up around Harrisburg, I went to check the instructions versus the map and somehow the GPS reset the destination and it wound up sending us back towards Lancaster to my house.

Heading east, we knew we were off track pretty quickly. To be safe, we used his GPS the rest of the way.

I was embarrassed. I don't know the other guy all that well. We used to go to the same church. We are friends on Facebook. He likes Thai. We didn't go to summer camp together as kids or anything. So, I was apologetic. I don't try to defend my lack of sense of direction and my total dependence on GPS.  When it goes wrong, I have no other recourse. Guilty as charged, I throw myself on the mercy of the court. If I can even find the court.

As deficient as my physical sense of direction is, my moral compass leading to eternal life is even worse without the words of Jesus providing direction. Peter seems to be saying the same thing. He admits that he doesn't know where and to whom else to go. I can relate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream