Espresso Anger

My dear wife Lina bought me an Alessi Espresso maker for my birthday. This model is included in the Museum of Modern Art in New York City....it is considered such a classic. I do believe that I will be having an Exhibition at the house Saturday morning before beginning the final leg of my painting trilogy. Should help with the pace, espresso rifling through my veins.

Last week I wrote of "Absorbing Evil" and I utilized the image of a sponge. I had a couple of thoughtful replies that essentially commented that as Christians we do not have to just take it all the time without dishing out the Truth with a capital T. I also wrote a blog, with little spiritual application, about poured coffee. So, I like coffee, that much is true.

Serving up anger in cool little cups. I concur...when I first became a Christian, I was quite shocked that Jesus was not exactly Mr. Rogers in his conflicts with his enemies. Calling an opponent a "Twice a Son of Hell" surely are fighting words. And Jesus spared no feelings in his prosecution of incessant evil.

So, the question is how do we express anger without exploding? Keeping it contained, measured, hot, and served promptly. Once served, let the pot cool. Anger is a tool, just as an espresso maker is a tool. It is to awake those drowsy to the dangers of dallying around with the Devil. I actually believe that one of the reasons kids walk away from the Church as early adults is because the Idol of Niceness (which often mutates into a smarmy self-righteousness) is not exactly the antidote for evil. The Church lacks a prophetic voice and the message is weak tea instead of strong coffee: lay low, don't sleep around and get drunk, and settle down to a comfortable and bland life in Suburbia just like your folks and do the same to your progeny.

Matthew 23:15

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream