The Eagles

OK, I admit it publicly...I am an Eagles fan. Being from the Philly area, I vote a straight ticket on my pro sports teams. All Philly. Cheesesteaks, Rocky, hoagies, burnt pretzels in shopping carts, the whole shebang.

After a 2-4 start, the Eagles have certainly dug a pit for themselves to claw out of this year. They aren't that bad as the record would suggest, but they ain't that good either. At least not yet. The tide may turn. In fact, I am counting on it for today I bought an Eagles hat at K-Mart. I have been searching for a new hat with a Philly spin. The new Temple I hat I bought, the one size fits all, didn't fit my head.

I think the Eagles may have been lulled into complacency by reading all of the preseason predictions of how great they were supposed to be. Fumbles, interceptions, missed tackles, blown field goals--at very inopportune times--suggests a team that believed themselves to be anointed. Now it is more dis-anointed. Complacency is a dangerous condition. Every down matters just like every day matters as a Christian.

1 Peter 5:8

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

Comments

Mike said…
The Eagles have landed and will be in the playoffs. They just had to get adjusted. They will roll.
By the way, the Lions have not been devouring too many in the last 3 weeks.
Thomas said…
Looks like Mike missed the boat on this one. The Falcons will come out on top.
Mark said…
Green Bay! Period.

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream