Is There Anything Better Than Bacon?

Continuing on yesterday's theme of bad food that feels good to eat, today's "Foods That Kill" is bacon. Maybe the Food Network would be interested in my doing a show?

When I eat bacon, I tend to go all out. I make and eat nearly the whole package all by myself. Oink, oink.

BTW, cooking tip, cook bacon in the oven on a deep tray and not a frying pan or a griddle on the stovetop; a friend of our used to work at Oscar Mayer and passed along this tip. No mess and spattering.

I save a couple of strips for Lina. The rest, I chomp down with the ferocity of a wolf. Then, it will be months until I do it again. I have to let the arteries clear and the heart bounce back. A bacon hangover of sorts. As I write, the remnants of bacon flavor is dissipating in my mouth, but it will live in my heart both physically and affectionately for quite some time.

One thing I plan to explore in eternity--I figure I'll have the time--is to research the dietary laws of the Old Testament, such as why pork was verboten, and then why God rescinded the rules and said "Take and eat" to the delight of humanity everywhere in the New Testament. He certainly did not proclaim eating the whole bacon package to be a good idea though. God is not capricious in what He does and why, so there has to be some deep logic in the hidden counsels of the Almighty as to why this went down the way it did. I posit that food is a spiritual metaphor for truth and what appears to be just a change of menu actually symbolizes an outworking of God's plan to the world.

So, eat your bacon and rejoice. Again I say, rejoice.

Acts 10:15

The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream