Emotional Crayons

Jimi Hendrix penned these lyrics in his song "Bold as Love."

My red is so confident he flashes trophies of war And ribbons of euphoria. Orange is young, full of daring but very unsteady for the first go 'round. My yellow in this case is no so mellow. In fact I'm trying to say it's frightened like me. And all of these emotions of mine keep holding me From giving my life to a rainbow like you. But I'm a yeah, I'm bold as love

Feelings and emotions, like children, can sometimes be relegated to the kids fold-out table of life while adult facts and logic sit and dine at the main table. We as men are taught early to put our emotional crayons in their box as a rite of passage to adulthood. So, we need some encouragement to see feelings not as estrogen-like female traits. A booster shot from the Bible which aptly shows that God has kick-ass emotions such as anger as well as vulnerable feelings such as pity--the whole box--should sharpen up those crayon-like emotional colors.

Hebrews 4:15

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream