A Cold in August

Not sure how I accomplished this one.

I came down with a cold in August with it being 80 degrees outside. Maybe working three 12 hour days in a row last week at the start of school did me in.

I rarely call off work even when I am not feeling well but today I did. I suppose that I am finding trying to tough it out just prolongs the misery. Shut down and let the body and soul rest. I am hoping to be better by tomorrow.

It is good to feel weak...it is a sure medicine for the pride of self-sufficiency. If God has to increase the former to reduce the latter, it is a wise transaction. One ails the body, the other destroys the soul.

Mark 2:17

On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream