Something Stinks

Got kind of jiggy and adventuresome the other week and bought a new (for me) scent of Old Spice High Endurance Deodorant called Smooth Blast. Click up the link for the line-up of the different scented varieties. I have developed more refined tastes these days--beers, cheeses, coffee. Time to keep the trend of being a discriminating consumer. I typically prefer the Pure Sport and the Fresh blends.

Have to love the advertising slogan that comes up when you search on Google for Old Spice Deodorant: Feel the tingle of 1,000 glaciers of freshness under your armpits! Sounds kind of chilly. I gave up using anti-perspirant over a decade ago when I read that aluminum (used in anti-perspirant) has been implicated in Alzheimer's Disease.

Anyway, rather than "Feeling the tingle of 1,000 glaciers of freshness under your armpits!", I felt like I had a 1,000 petunias under my armpits and it was making me nauseous. I could not stand the smell. I thought maybe it was a question of habituation...that once my olfactory awareness adjusted to the new smell, everything would turn up roses.

Well, it did not. Everyday I used the Smooth Blast I spent the day suffering the smell, and it lasted well into the night, haunting me as a scented specter, an apparition of aroma.

Finally, I drove out the perpetrator from my pits and tossed away the two Smooth Blast deodorants. I am really cheap and was going to force myself to grin and smell it. But I just couldn't. I feel very responsible for spending money wisely and well. God expects as much.

Sometimes things cannot be salvaged or saved. Instead, we have to cut our losses, learn our lesson, and move on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream