Scissor Cuts

On Friday, I spent a good portion the day searching for missing scissors that are a part of the kitchen knife set. My pattern is to put things back where they belong because I am absent-minded and don't recall where I left something. It is a lesson I learned with my dorm key in college.

I suspected I was the guilt party in the scissors' AWOL as Lina, though more prone to not return objects to their location of origin, also remembers where she leaves things. So, I confessed that I was in all likelihood the guilty party. Preemptive coming clean.

Far easier to assume guilt and be shown to be innocent than to protest innocence and found later to be guilty. Lina was chill about the lost scissors advising me to give up the hunt. It became more of a personal quest. Finally, I gave up the search, still firmly confused as to the scissors vanishing act. It kind of ruined my Friday...we can bleed emotionally from substantial slashes or small cuts. This was the latter.

When we arrived at a New Year's Eve Party, our good friend said that she inadvertently absconded with our scissors when visiting our place on Dec 23 (she needed to sever a piece of yarn in the mittens she was knitting). Since we had been in California for most of the week prior, the missing scissors were not accounted for in a more timely fashion.

All that good worrying wasted...some worry is winsome, some worry is a waste. The wisdom of worrying well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream