Bachin' It

So Lina left today for a three week business trip...three weeks! Her travel itinerary looks like something from a game of Risk. No Irkutsk. Yet.

I will be Bachin' it for 21 days...I am going to de-evolve back into a dust and dirt oblivious beast. Four years of marriage domesticity and training lost. But, I am looking for a hard-core housekeeper to do a cleaning intervention a day or two before Lina returns. Willing to pay a cold pile of cash.

The initial elation of being alone, being able to do what I want, wears off soon enough...I start to recall the lonely nights and inward chants of nobody loves me, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for dinner, and listless weekends where I didn't have the guts to tough out one more Singles event crammed full of Divorcees with kids. I love my wife, and sometimes her leaving reminds me of this the best.

The object around the house that makes me most sad when Lina is away is her empty slippers with that faux fur inside. They sit next to the stairs forlorn. Their emptiness reminds me that it is not good to be alone. Genesis 2:18.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream