My Pale Ale Pal

So, there I am today at our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) farm picking up our copious weekly allotment of vegetables and fruit. I was early birding in that we are not supposed to be there until 4 but I really did not feel like hanging out at work on a Friday afternoon which is close to the CSA in Hellam.

A fellow CSA'er pulls up and we exchange pleasantries. After we get our produce, he comments I look hot. Kind of an obvious statement...it was close to 90 degrees and I was wearing a dress shirt and a tie. I concurred, "Yeah, I am hot." Not exactly deep discernment.

But, it was a set-up of sorts. Out of his trunk, he pulled out a chilled Sierra Nevada Pale Ale from a six pack and gave it to me. I will never turn down a good beer; that would be like a seagull declining to eat a stray French Fry on the beach.

Jesus says that when we give a cold cup of water in his name we are blessed. I think the same blessing transfers when we give away a beer. I know that I was blessed by his gesture of generosity. Every day grace on a hot day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream