Running Out of Excuses

I aim to run three times a week from our house, to Grubb Lake, back home. It is a four mile route of enough hills to make it hard at any speed, including walking. As a matter of principle, if I am going for a run, I run the entire time. Although, at times, my run is probably slower than a walk.

Beer-drinking is my Doppleganger to my running....although my beer consumption hardly qualifies as sinister. Just a way to burn calories.

I have not run since mid-August. Too many 12 hour work days coupled with some couch-surfing, and it has been about two weeks since I laced up the Nikes. Today, after working until 8:00 last night, I departed soon after the end of school. I came home, took a nap, and awoke after an hour or so refreshed. I looked outside. Beautiful day.

I could not generate a good reason not to run, so I ran. I left the watch behind. I generally am able to do the run in about 40 minutes. Tonight, I knew that was not going to happen. So, like an obese person avoids the scale, I left the watch behind.

Great run, slow as expected. I ran out of excuses. Rather I outran my excuses. Good moral maxim...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream