Hard Drive Demolition

A little while back my old computer, that I did most of my doctoral degree on, went from life support to brain dead. More recently, Matrix-like, it had been operating as the host for my printer...its sole job, connected to my laptop via Windows XP networking.

I knew it was time. Time to put it down. I took it out back and smashed the hard drive to fragments. People talk of bittersweet. This was not that. It was pure joy. Soon followed by a trip to the city dump.

The reality was that I should have destroyed and thrown out the old ragged computer years ago. Instead, I made do. When Jesus came, he spoke of putting new wine in new wineskins. He offered life but many preferred the old dying ways. Like me...with my computer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream