I Love Paul Because

The apostle Paul called it like he saw it. Whether he was talking to the high and mighty, or the lowly and powerless, "Christ crucified for you" was his message. Like I mentioned in my last blog, this did not make Paul popular. In fact, it made him consistently unpopular and in danger for his life.

But, Paul would have said, that "My life is not mine...it belongs to Christ." Paul loved people, whether they loved him back. He always remembered that once he was Christ's enemy and that God first bestowed love on him. So, he did the same.

There is a reciprocity in human relationships...a quid pro quo as it were. That I often treat others, not as I want to be treated, but instead of how I am treated, is the case. If someone is respectful, I will be respectful back. Like an echo, I give back what has been given; sometimes fainter. Jesus said that there really was no merit in this.

If someone is nasty to me, it is at least easy to flirt with the idea of giving it back to them in spades, like a guitar through an amp (I may want to do it but don't because it would reveal my weak spirituality). There is danger in such responses (eye for eye leaves both blind type of thing).

Need to love like Paul...I need to love like Jesus...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream