Bills Burning

Today I cleaned out my bill box. It has been piling up like leaves in Autumn for months.

In the pile of stuff, I saw Social Security statement and noticed that my date of birth is listed as October 11, 1973 (my D.O.B. is 10/11/1963) which would make me younger than my wife. That would mean that I started paying into Social Security in 1980 when I was seven years old. The way Social Security is looking, that ten years could make the difference between getting benefits and not getting benefits. How is it the government prosecutes all Ponzi schemes but its own? Guess I have to battle Leviathan on this one to get D.O.B. corrected.

Ah, government bureacracy--you'd think the computer would catch that one. I had a dispute with Penn-Dot last year when they sent me notification that they were going to suspend my license plate for a car that I no longer owned!

After I burned the old bills to ash, I closed the flu to the chimney. There was still one ember burning but I figured that it was no big deal. Being a Webloes drop-out, I never really mastered the art of fire maintenance. I learned something valuable: As long as the ashes are hot something is still burning! After the house got smokey, I pulled out the Lysol to mask the odor. All that did was make the place smell like a 70 year old chain smoking women with cheap perfume.

Sometimes in trying to hide an error, the error is compounded. Fortunately, my wife Lina took it in stride. She did ask that I close the open doors and windowns since it was 30 degrees outside. That seemed reasonable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream