Underdogs

As you can tell, I have a passion for Rocky. Being from the Philly area is a part of it. New York is glamorous, DC is powerful. Philly is, well Philly. Almost but not quite.

The Rocky story is the tale of a thumb-breaking tomatoe who gets a shot and makes it stick. There are other characters that are underdogs that I dig. Here's the short list:

1) Charlie Brown - I am not sure what explains the remarkable success of Peanuts. I think all of us feel like Charlie Brown. "Why is everybody always picking on me?" Peanuts put to rest the lie of childhood innocence.

2) Underdog - A humble shoe shiner who takes a pill and turns into a superdog to save Polly. What was in that pill anyway...doggie roids?

3) Spud Webb - Winning the NBA dunk contest at 5'7"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream