Chilling Saturday

Feels like midnight but only 6:43. This Fall Back really messes with the mind for a couple of weeks.  

Sundays, as my loyal readers know, is relaxation day. Saturdays are typically To-Do. But, not this Saturday. Besides taking down the hop garden, a yearly exercise, I really just chilled. I did forward my financials to my money guy in preparation for the retirement plan and looked at some late model Honda SUVs which will be my post-employment camping vehicle.  

Otherwise, I just rested. No need to work. Accept the day as a gift. It is often very difficult for me to be still.    

I met a good friend for breakfast which then turned more into a brunch. We were eating outside at a local greasy spoon diner to avoid the COVID-19. As the morning continued, it was in the 70's and sunny. Really unusual for November here in Central Pa.  

Soren Kierkegaard made the comment that humanity is in such a frenzy to experience pleasure that we rush right by it. Not this Saturday. We sat, we ate, we absorbed the beauty around us. And pleasure found us seated, ready to receive it.          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream