Big Snow




Job 38:22

Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail?

Well, here is hoping that we get a substantial amount of snow on Tuesday to Wednesday. The weather forecasters are revving up the snow making media machine. The local paper does a good job  of telling it straight meterology-wise. WGAL, the big TV affiliate locally, ramps up the hysteria and hype. Like they have never seen snow before--as if we live on the Equator.

The pic above is during the last big storm where I did my LeBron pre-game ritual. Does he still do that?   

I think it is crucial to have one big snowstorm a year. It is a hard-reset of reality. Everything comes to a stop except for the errants who drive when they don't have to (to probably pick up the eggs and milk). Me, I feel like a need a case of beer and I am set. The Germans call beer liquid bread and I say Ja to that. Work can wait.  

A big snow storm imposes a heavy burden literally. My old back aches after shoveling, which is a great reason to drink beer. Try and see if the milk and bread provides such medicinal relief. I know I probably tick off the pious by my semi-continuous references to beer. I really don't care. I would rather write what I want and not worry about it. God knows that such things are passing away as do I. I just don't put much hope in drink. I think is a good definition of an idol--misplaced hope.

Idols melt, only God has treasures of the snow...



   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream