Why Me? Why Not?


Dear Readers. Bierkergaard has been MIA because of an unexpected calamity. I didn't die but it sure felt like the Reaper was making a house call. Some day, this blog will go silent and whatever I have done for good or ill, will remain as long as blogspot allows it to stand. Until then, to write is to live and to live is to write. Just below eating and breathing and cheaper than a therapist. I air my issues at no cost to me or my audience. Blogotherapy. Man's search for meaning an an internet age.

OK, so what was the calamity? Initially Appendicitis that devolved into a perforated/ruptured appendix. It seems that the condition was perforuptured. Somewhere on that continuum. Certainly not a bodily IED. It was serious though. The surgical team was going to first suck it out with minimal invasion but when they saw the appendix status, they had to cut me. And it hurt. And it still hurts. Suffering comes all our way. Funny when trouble hits we go "Why Me?" But, when good things happen, it defaults into something like a God-given right. Par for the course, business as usual. When positive experiences occur, I think it healthy also to go "Why Me?" It is only fair.

I plan to blog more about what I have learned from the three day stay in the hospital. It was most definitely a learning experience with a lot of lessons. Worth the price of an an appendix. But then again, I have not yet seen the bills.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream