My Own Personal Year of Jubilee




Leviticus 25:8

And thou shalt number seven sabbaths of years unto thee, seven times seven years; and there shall be unto thee the days of seven sabbaths of years, even forty and nine years. (ASV)

The Year of Jubilee in the Mosaic Law was the 50th year to pronounce the universal forgiveness of debts in Israel. Property returned to its original owners/families. God gave back land (which was money), even if a man had accrued debts through sinful decisions.

By the time a man is 49, he has accumulated a lot of soul debt (from sins, bad decisions, and mistakes). It is like dragging a dead tree behind him all day and having it sit by the bed at night for the next day. I should know, I just turned 49. I am forgiven but I have a difficult time forgetting, and then that blows back to mourning the past. Judicial forgiveness does not remove time lost and opportunities squandered. Sometimes the hardest person to give grace to is ourselves.

It is a blessing that God is telling me to let it go. Learn, but let it go. Jesus picked up His Cross and carried it. In carrying it, He carried me. That is worth celebrating with jubilation.

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream