Joy to the Work - Pt. 1

The above book is one that I tossed in my desire to cull my library to prepare for my impending move.

Only the strongest of the literary herd survived. At the time of the tossing, I feared throwing out a book I should have kept. It is easy to correct the opposite: holding onto something I should not have--and then tossing it later. But once something is in the step beyond the garbage can, it is in the irretrievable abyss.

Be careful about what you jettison in life.

Fortunately, another copy of the book was in the house as my wife had a copy too. I think we had both gone to an event where the author (Dennis Bakke) was speaking. He signed her book, so my signed copy is probably en route now to recycling in China. I am hoping oppressed Chinese workers who can read English snag some of my books before they go to the shredder. There were some good books in there. Not great, just good.

In ensuing blogs, I intend to share some thought from the book. It was an insightful read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream