Khaki Blues



John 21:18

Verily, verily, I say unto you, When you were young, you dressed yourself, and walked where you would: but when you shall be old, you shall stretch forth your hands, and another shall dress you, and carry you where you would not.

I have a pair of Khakis.

First, why do we call it a pair? It is one...

Second, they are not blue. Instead they are tan. The pants are starting to fray at certain parts of the garment but I want to get my mileage out of them. One more school year and then toss. Over a career, I saved buying a couple of pants. Kind of like how I drove my Acura Integra to 233,000 miles until the mechanic advised me that the frame was ready to part from the body. The same reason that I still have the iPhone 3s. I take great joy in squeezing the toothpaste tube of usage to complete exhaustion. Same reason I delay on the haircut.

Because I am wearing the pants, I am noticing the wear. It is not flagrant, like a split seat or anything. Just subtle signs that the march of entropy, like ants, is progressing downward. The Resurection is such a refutation of the laws of nature. When Jesus stated that we should not store our treasures on Earth, He was the ultimate realist. For what can remain? Time is a thief that steals from all who bank in the world. How much of our debt is really a denial of death? The inability to recognize and reckon that we can't live in this world forever. So, we prolong or days when it would be better for us to make our peace and not prolong. We wear out, weariness engulfs us. Only God can walk on the water and escape the drowning day.          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream