Run Like Hell


Went for a run today. It was over 100 degrees. Four hard miles. My wife just shakes her head. My thinking is that if I start having reasons not to run, pretty soon I am on the slippery slope of the killer couch. And it is a killer. Add the tv and some simple carbs snacks, and the boa constrictor of complacency starts to squeeze.    

I overheard a great quote the other day when I was eating a dinner at a restaurant. Two girlfriends were chatting about very personal matters and I couldn't help but hear some of the conversation since they were sitting about three feet away. One woman said, "Like my grandfather used to say, "When you are going are through hell, keep walking."" I am going to upgrade this to run.

It wasn't a good time today. In fact, it sucked. I try to come in under 40 minutes and it was 43 something. But, I kept running. Never underestimate the power of perseverance.  It is the only quality that can outlast a problem. Keep running.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream