Let This Cup Pass From Me


Lina and I celebrated Valentines last night. We were late, I know. But, why fight the crowds on Feb 14th? We had a fabulous dinner at the Belvedere Inn down in Lancaster City. Fine dining and a big improvement on the dives that have been in that building before, including the Harmony Inn. I stopped going there after someone was shot.

Everything was great. About mid-meal, I ordered a glass of wine. It was delish. When we received the bill, I was chagrined to discover the glass of wine cost $ 14.00! Add, to this that I bought a beer last Friday night for what turned out to be $ 10.00 and I am thinking that I really need to ask before ordering. I had in the back of my mind to ask last night before the order, but I thought it gauche.

In this Lenten season, we think of the sufferings of Christ. He asked for the cup to pass from him when facing death. He knew the cost. Yet, He still drank it.

Matthew 26:39

He went on a little farther and bowed with his face to the ground, praying, "My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine."  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream