Be My Valentine

Walking out of school today, I saw one of these Valentine heart-shaped balloons, floating alone in the sky.

By the time I got my iPhone out, zoomed, and focused, the balloon was no longer able to be seen in the photo. Was it cast loose in a cool dismissal of unreciprocated love?  An illustration of the wayward winds of human affection? Or, the string lost grip of by trying to text too?

In fourth grade, I saw the distribution of Valentine cards in accordance to the popularity and prettiness of the girls. The cutest girl received the best cards--I still remember her name--Marissa, while the lower status and physically unattractive girls received the leftovers, and their names are long forgotten. Childhood can be sad...

I read this in Calvin's devotional this morning based on Psalm 27:1. It just seemed appropriate for Valentines Day. This is beyond the vagaries of human affection.

God, therefore, kindly allures us to himself....that it may ravish our hearts with admiration of himself.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream