Random Thoughts


Random thoughts can be like pieces of paper strewn about. Here is my attempt to straighten them up:

Just made some coffee. When it comes to the end of the brewing process, the coffee maker lets out a final giant sigh of sorts. It means that some fine java will soon be in my cup piping hot. Aren't sighs kind of like when the grounds of our lives are exhausted and we are not exactly exasperated but perhaps sad about something?

When in Asheville, NC. for Christmas vacation, we ate at a tapas place. Is tapas the Spanish word for "still hungry?" While I love tapas menus, there always seems to be not enough food. I am thinking women are more pro-tapas than men. We males want a lot of food...i.e. a big old pizza with everything including the kitchen sink on it. Reminds me of a Food and Wine festival Lina and I went to in Aspen a few years ago when she was working on a gourmet brand of chocolate. We had to wait sometimes for 30 minutes in a line for something gross like a tripe sandwich. I finally found a steak booth with Sam Adams nearby. The surrounding audience was a high percentage of men. Men and women are just different, no matter what the moderns say.

I would rather be a dolphin that a shark. Besides eating people at times, sharks seem joyless and executionary. Dolphins just seem to be having a lot of fun. I think our society is comprised of both dolphins (the creatives) and the sharks (the driven). They are natural enemies. There are a lot of other types of fish in the sea but I think we would be better off if more of us were dolphins. They seem industrious while having a good time. The shark is just looking to devour dinner and is grim, focused, and souless.              

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream