Layers from the Cold

Yesterday morning I went for a run. It was quite chilly. Around freezing. I had on three layers of shirts and as long as I kept moving, I was quite warm. The wool gloves and hat helped keep me toasty.

I contemplated how family and community are layers against the cold life. For some, family life is in rags. For others, it is well-knit. For most, it is in-between. The Church is ultimately God's protective layer. A mutual confession should create warmth but it is important that the church be on the move and not just sitting frozen in the pews. Action creates warmth. Inaction, despite good doctrine, does little to stay the chill.


Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.

Comments

MikeH said…
Thanks for the reminder. We have an Almighty King.

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream