The Laity of Stromboli

Tonight my Pop brought two strombolis to my house for dinner. His homemade and Berwyn Pizzas. Left (BP) to right (Pop's). Or, as I like to call his shop...Georgios. His name is George.

Berwyn Pizza is my brother Steve's fave...he ate a plenitude of BP strom in his youth. Every time Steve bites into a BP emanation, I am sure his spirit travels back to those time of yore when youth reigned.

Pop's strom, was actually--in my estimation--better than BP's. He had delicately constructed a flavorful panoply of meat and cheese and veggies, all encased in a flaky dough.

Here is the delivery of message in all of this. Often, members of a church expect the religious professionals to do all of the cooking. We in the pews sit there and wait for the oven to open. Maybe the better plan is for us in the laity to learn how to cook those things that appear beyond our expertise. Study the technique, get the right ingredients, and get to work. It is not magic. Like most things it is not going to be perfect ever...the goal is progress.

Comments

MikeH said…
Amen. I'm glad I found your website.
Eric Bierker said…
Hey, I am happy that you found it!

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream