I've Been Pain-ting

I decided to spend Columbus Day painting the townhouse. I had delusions that I could get all or most of the job done today. Nope, it is going to be a Trilogy.

That is OK...when I got a painter's big for $ 2100 in labor for the job I decided to come out of retirement like Brett Favre. That means I saved $ 700 dollars for just today alone. That makes the pain in painting considerably less.

I purchased a painting stick at Lowe's that had good online reviews. It was supposed to make the job two to three times quicker. Yeah, right.

All I can say is the it made the job harder and messier and now it is retired. Such positive reviewers are just gadget happy. Since I have painted a lot, I know if a tool helps or hurts. The painting stick just didn't cut it.

Painting has been very good to me in that it helped me escape the endless monetary battles between my mom and dad, who were divorced, to see who was going to help pay what of my college tuition. I progressively got free of that trap by painting over the summers and Christmas vacation. Heck, I even painted when I ran out of money in grad school. I felt a lot more secure knowing that if worse came to worse, I could always paint for a living if I had to. Coming from my background, I had a lot of insecurities about money.

God has been very good to me in that he gave me opportunities to paint when I was ain't. I can never diss painting because it truly was the major strategy to get me to adulthood. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream