What Me Worry?

Damn straight I worry. Last night specifically around 12:05 am.

I was going through several complex schedule changes in my head. Visions of trying to work something out while the lines of students with incorrect schedules mounting outside my door like water on a New Orleans levee was causing me to be wakeful from worry.

For today was the first day of school.

I learned about two decades ago that if I could not sleep because I was worried about something I could address that moment, then I should get out of bed and stop my ceiling-gazing and solve the problem. This revelation came too me after many sleepless nights pondering what to do rather than actually doing it.

SO, early this morning, I hopped on my computer, accessed the Student Information System remotely, and did four schedules that were likely to be the most challenging in the morning. After about two hours of doing this and addressing a couple of other issues, I went back to bed. The remedy for worry? Work. Do something about it.

I was going to lose sleep no matter what I did. I selected to lose it in a way that would lead to gain.

Matthew 6:27

Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream