Going to the Chair

I have been in the School Counselor chair for two days since returning from about a month and a half away. Fittingly, I had the Country Omelet at the Diner down the road as my last meal for breakfast before heading to work.

It was a sausage gravy on top of cheese and eggs on top of home fries monstrosity, washed down with three or four cups of coffee. My summer vacation died happy and contended.

I love my work but I have to share that this chair scares me sometimes. The responsibility, the pressure, the desire to serve beyond mere duty and dollars. What I do is important because it influences the destiny of young people.

The chair humbles me yet ultimately helps me become the person I am called to be. What is the "chair" God has put you in to fulfill your purpose? Paul even saw his chains as purposeful.

Philippians 1:12-14

12 Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters,that what has happened to me has actually served to advance the gospel. 13 As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ. 14 And because of my chains, most of the brothers and sisters have become confident in the Lord and dare all the more to proclaim the gospel without fear

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream