Kindle Me

I quite like the Kindle iconic picture. The night and starry sky, a boy reading, and a leafy tree. Suggests a more simpler time and it is a clever compensation for the technocratic and impersonal vibe of Amazon where there is no night. Open for business 24-7 like the noonday sun blazing.

I have been downloading more ebooks. Most of them are out of copyright so I am obtaining them at no cost. Although I don't actually have a Kindle reader, I do have the Kindle app for my iPhone (no issue for me reading it on the screen; I don't need to ogle the pages, etc.) and the PC Kindle version.

I still love the smaller traditional niche bookstore. But, it needs to be quirky and creative. A book bistro rather than a buffet book-o-rama.

When Lina shops, I read. Better than sitting in the man chair looking like a spaced out dog leashed to a post waiting for his owner to return. Not that she is much of a shopper except on forays to cool places.

I am all for ebooks, if for no other reason than the last time I moved, packing, transporting, and re-shelving my "real" books was the equivalent of taking a brick house apart brick-by-brick and then reconstructing it on a new site. Bits and bytes are quite lighter than books and books. I will still purchase hard copies but the books had better be keepers. I generally know ahead of time what kind of book it is going to be in my Library Caste System. Only a few are Brahmin.

Tolle Lege, it just might be on your smart phone.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream