See How He Runs

The last couple of days, two people that I don't see very often (one of the dudes I haven't seen in almost 20 years, we used to play rugby together on the Lancaster Roses) said that they see me running around Mountville a lot.

I suppose it is hard for a heaving and sweaty 6'8" guy to not be ostentatious, if not threatening. The other dude, a younger guy, apparently, calls me a "Beast" when he sees me--according to his Dad. I wasn't too wild about being called a "Beast" due to its Revelation association. But, he meant it as a compliment in that I push hard when I run. Running is the Yang to my beer drinking Yin.

It is a little unnerving to realize people are paying attention to me when I run. It is even more unnerving to know that people are watching how I run in faith (Hebrews 12:1). May I exhibit perseverance in the race for running is often a test of endurance more than anything else.

Today, I came in under 40 minutes in my running route for the first time in quite a while...and I was even wearing my leaden New Balance shoes that I lace up when it is muddy. These are quite a bit heavier than my Nikes. Since I have been dropping some weight, about twenty pounds in the last few weeks, my running is getting faster. That fits the spirit of Hebrews 12:1, "Lay aside every weight." When we are running, it is by necessity that we throw aside that which slows us down and interferes with the attainment of the prize. Get running, start losing, start winning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream