No Man Knows the Time

I get back from work usually around 4:00, give or take 30 minutes or so. My wife Lina, on the other hand, can return as early as 5:00 and as late as 8:30 She has a pretty wide window. Sometimes she lets me know the ETA, other times I have no clue. She likes to keep her options open, and is more of an afternoon/early evening person in terms of when she is in the zone for doing her best work. I am much more a morning worker.

Lina's window of arrival has taught my to be ready and vigilant at all times starting at 5:00 until her return. I wait for the sound of the garage door opening. She understandably likes me to be attentive when she gets home...so I have to watch getting too engrossed into anything. Like this writing this blog for instance. More than once I have had to hit save and finish my blog later.

Since May 21 is the purported day of the Rapture according to the Cult of Camping, it is appropriate to reiterate that Jesus told us that we would not know the day of His return. You'd think a Fundamentalist would be able to interpret that accurately and in a straight-forward sense. No allegory or difficult symbols in this verse like a wheel within a wheel. We are to be ready to drop everything but refrain from prognostication.

On Saturday, I am still planning to go to my buddy's birthday party. In the end, "I'll be here, there, or in the air," as my friends and I would say to another in college, in case the Rapture would happen before we would see another again.

We are to be watchful...I hear the garage door opening now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream