Rabbit Trail

I'm down at Lake Grubb running the trail this afternoon and I see a young woman pushing a stroller with presumably her baby in it through the mud and slop. I thought it was a little unusual...never seen someone take a baby carriage four wheeling.

After I passed her, I kept up my torching pace and came across a stuffed bunny rabbit alone by the side of trail. I am no super sleuth but I figured it must have fallen out so I turned around and ran the bunny back to her. She was happy to have it back.

I don't know, it isn't like I did anything heroic or valiant. But, maybe in a small way it made her day that someone took the time to track her down and give her back her baby's bunny.

Never underestimate small acts of kindness...what may seem insignificant from our point of view might look a lot different on the receiving end.

Rather than being random, make it intentional. Jesus was kind. The word for kindness in the Greek New Testament is Chresteuomai. It means to show oneself useful, i.e. act benevolently.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream