I'm Board

Tonight was the inaugural mow for the 2011 grass-cutting season. Yipee. I think some in the neighborhood anxiously await lawn care duties. Not me. I'd install Astroturf if permissible.

So, I get a speck of something in my eye mid-mow and four hours later I have not been able to get it out. I tried to think of something I was sad about so that I would cry. The thing that is making me saddest now is the crud in my eye. I even went to K-Mart to get an eye cup. No luck with washing it with water.

I have learned a good lesson tonight. It is quite hard to take a speck out of an eye...even my own, not to mention how hard it would be for me to get someone else's speck out. Jesus talks about getting the plank out of our own eye before "helping" (actually hypocritically judging others). Shoot a piece of wood is easy to remove in comparison. The greatest service we can do for others in the world is to address or own sin first, rather than going on a mote mission.

Excuse me, I have to go take care of my eye...

Matthew 7:3

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream