I Bet Jesus Had O Negative Blood

I gave blood today. I feel a special obligation and duty to give as I am O Negative. I am a universal donor. My blood type can be used for everyone. I am the only blood type that can give blood to anyone. Yet, I can only receive blood from an O Negative transfusion.

Only 7% of the U.S.population is O Negative. O Negative is particularly needed in emergencies and with newborns where the blood type is not known where seconds can be the difference between life and death.

With the chronic need for blood, it one of those things that Christians could do that would make an immediate and crucial difference in our communities. We often wonder how we can make a difference and we ignore something as simple as giving blood. The theology of giving blood is so biblically saturated with meaning that it would hard to find a good work as significant to the life of the world. There is life in the blood. Give blood, give life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream