Beer Fridge Hearts

On Friday, I was getting ready to stock the beer fridge for the weekend. My beer fridge is not quite the size of the one to the left. I must applaud what appears to be a fine selection. I see the Dogfish Head Ale and assume that the rest of the bottles are of the same caliber. If this fridge were a net, it has a great catch.

I had always wanted a beer fridge....

My dad was coming to town and we both have a fondness for beer (it must be genetic). The problem was that the beer fridge needed to be defrosted. I could have made a snowman from the accumulated frost. I have had the beer fridge for five years and never had done a full defrost. Only chipping away once in a while at the icicles.

So, I unplugged the unit. It was not fully defrosted until Sunday afternoon. It seemed as long as an Ice Age. I had to use an auxiliary cooler in the meantime. I was determined to get down to the plastic. I had to fight the urge to try and use a knife like an ice-pick, fearing that I would damage the unit.

Spiritually-speaking, when people come out of the cold into faith in Christ --it takes a while to defrost. Past hurts, perhaps even at another church--can put peoples' hearts in ice. It is not just as easy as open the door and melt quickly. It takes time. Patience with people, forbearance in the defrosting process, can be slow and drip, drip, drip-like. God usually warms slowly. Each drip is a step in the right direction.

Philippians 2:13

For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

Comments

Eric Bierker said…
Thanks for letting me know you liked it! Eric

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream