LOST has Lost Me

About 1.5 months ago, Lina and I upgraded to a DVD/Blu-Ray Player with Wi-Fi access. Our old DVD no longer worked with all of the new anti-piracy technology in DVD's. I mean the DVD player played but the picture was schizo in one way or another. For example, with the film Incubus, the picture was all bright, bright green with outlines of characters.

With the Wi-Fi access, we can download movies or TV series. Lina quickly latched onto LOST and went through the season episodes like a chain smoker does with the cigs. For a while, I tagged along. But, I found that the series riled me up with its lack of resolution. Plus, it started getting really weird. I found myself unable to sleep at night. Lina polished off like 40 episodes in three weeks and is now in season 5 somewhere.

LOST is like a modern day Gilligan's Island with a malevolent streak. There are moments of lightness and joy yet trouble always is just a lurk away. I know that the writers, directors, and producers of LOST wanted to create cliffhangers to bring the audience back the next week. But, that lack of resolution has caused me to walk away and get off the island.

God promises us that if we seek, we will find. He gets us coming back to Him by giving and not withholding.

Comments

Susan said…
We are not LOST followers...watched a few episodes near the beginning, but couldn't stick with the weekly commitment. But last year, someone gave us season 4 (don't know why). It was quite funny to watch the "what happened previously" where they condensed the first 3 seasons into 8 minutes...left me even more confused, and alas, the rest of season 4 is still waiting for someone to watch. Like you, I'm glad that our good Father doesn't leave us endlessly lost.

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream