Walk, Don't Run 

Been quite some time since I have composed a blog versus some other media production, such as the Bierkegaard podcast. You can find it. Just type in Bierkergaard into your podcast platform. Blogging seems like cave drawings these days. An ancient way our distant ancestors communicated via images. But, we are regressing. Now we communicate by images and not words. Calling it an advance. Technologically perhaps but intellectually, not so.

If I had more of a grand vision, I'd use this blog to support the podcast. To riff on ideas that lend themselves to literary expression, derived from Kierkegaard. But I don't. Until this morning. 2:33 AM. I was up and hungry. Did some stuff around the house that could have truly waited but I decided to do anyway. It wasn't like the cat was on fire or anything. Or even hungry. Like me.

So, my omission of using an image at the top of this post is deliberate. You can get enough of that elsewhere. Use your imagination. That is the contradictory thing about using an image. We default to it versus generating our own. And I am pretty sure that is starvational. Of our mind.  

Regardless, the Bierkegaard podcast is going well. Almost 2 years into it, a weekly episode riffing on the writings of one of the most prolific authors and thinkers in history, Soren Kierkegaard. I am sure Soren would have been one of those odd friends who I'd both loved and hated in person. A true eccentric. His writings are polemical, philosophical, and often quite funny. Bierkergaard was listened to in over 40 countries last year and passed the 10,000 mark for episodes downloaded.

So it is like walking versus running. The podcast is growing step-by-step and slowly. 

I have also had to resume walking again recently vs. the running and the mountain-biking I had done all summer to get in shape, while I recover from injury, which is going excruciatingly slow. Getting older. 

One thing I believe quite deeply is to never let what you cannot do stop you from doing what you can. Walking instead of running is certainly one of those things. People often bifurcate into an all or nothing mentality and this is unwise. Do what you can.   


    

     


   

 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just wondering if you are taking a break from the podcast? My platform doesn’t show one past October .

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream