A Better Rack


About a decade ago, I had brought my flimsy clothing rack on a camping trip. It buckled under the weight of wet and/or sweaty clothes. The clothing rack kind of captured the state of my life at the time. Without getting too deep into the personal, I was essentially collapsing under the burden of adversity. Adversity has usually resulted in me reassessing my life and making the micro and macro changes to adjust my approach and retool. I am a slow learner but a learner nonetheless. And once I learn something, I rarely forget.  

So, a bit after the trip had concluded, oh, OK, it took five years, I decided to buy a better rack. One that was made locally in Lancaster County and cost around 100 dollars versus the cheap Chinese version I had previously used. It has taken about a decade of working on becoming sturdier but I think I can say with a degree of confidence that I am on the other side of that period of retooling. I am more certain about some things, less certain about other things, but overall in a better place.

The replacement rack doesn't sway under the weight. It bears the burdens better. It has certainly cost me more but it was worth the price. 

 

        

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shake the Dust: Anis Mojgani

White Shoes, White Stones

Going Rogue: Dare, Risk, Dream